Aug 25, 2022
- Get to know our own emotions—Atlas of the Heart, Brene Brown, on
- Recognize inherent aspect of loose parts to allow children to
work out issues and meet needs.
- Specific “kit” around SEL topics—emotions, faces, etc.
- Include books around SEL in other kits, such as I’m Done in a beaver kit,
Let’s Make Faces by
Hanoch Piven and How are you
peeling? in an emotions kit, Be a Tree in a tree kit or
just on its own (see book list below).
- Create a “calm down” kit.
- Include lots of options for interacting with animals and
dramatic play—puppets, costumes, fabrics, stuffed animals, plastic
Tinkergarten—lots of videos, blogs, and other resources
Loose Parts Nature Play Kits Podcast Episode
Loose Parts Nature Play SEL Kits Handout
Nature/Loose Parts Connected SEL Book Suggestions from Megan
*Some of Carla’s favorite books for Loose Parts that were on
Book--Loose Parts Learning in K-3 Classrooms: https://www.gryphonhouse.com/books/details/loose-parts-learning-in-k-3-classrooms
Loose Parts Play Facebook Page:
Loose Parts Play Facebook Group:
Inside Outside Michiana Facebook Page:
Loose Parts Nature Play Website: